Hours and Admission
As a hands-on science center, we have mitigation protocols in place to keep the health and safety of our members, visitors, volunteers, and staff top-of-mind. Please review our disclaimer before your visit and consult the current SD DOH info for Hughes County to decide if a visit is the right decision for you.
Following CDC guidelines, you can opt out of wearing a mask if you are fully vaccinated. Please keep in mind that we mainly serve children under 12 years of age, who can not get vaccinated at this time. Be considerate and wear a mask to keep kids and vulnerable visitors safe.
Summer Hours (May 1- August 31)
- Sunday 1pm - 5pm
- Monday - Saturday 10 am - 5pm
Winter Hours (Sept 1 - April 30)
- Sunday to Friday 1pm - 5pm
- Saturday 10 - 5pm
Closed: New Year's Day, Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas. Check our Facebook page for weather related and incidental closures.
- Ages 3 - 65: $5
- 65+, AAA members: $3.50
Pricing includes tax.
ASTC Members and kids ages 2 and under are free.
The SDDC is an ASTC passport program member. With your membership in an ASTC Passport member institution, you get free general admission to science centers and museums outside your local area. Join the savviest of science-loving families and adults and visit more than 350 science centers and museums in 20 countries around the world!
10 or more paying visitors: $3.50 per person (incl. tax)
School groups and other tax exempt groups: $3.25 per student, teachers and chaperones free.
Please complete the form below to request your group visit!
We ask our visitors to please follow our guidelines:
- Supervise young explorers at all times.
- Use indoor speaking voices and walking feet.
- Use the exhibits as intended. Look at signage for help.
- Leave the exhibits how you found them so others can play.
- Explore as much as you like, but please clean up after yourselves.
- Don‘t leave items on the floor and keep exhibit parts in the area they belong.
- Use the exhibits as intended and with care so they stay nice for everyone.
- Wait your turn and share with others.
- Listen to and follow directions from staff.